Middle School Language Arts
Personal Mission Statement:
To educate and nurture my students in a positive atmosphere that will help them build independence, curiosity, responsibility, and character.
Education & Employment:
Additional Training & Certificates:
- Education: B.S. in Professional Education/Early Childhood Development from La Sierra University (formerly Loma Linda University - La Sierra Campus) in 1985.
- Teaching Certificate: Standard Teaching Certificate from the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists Office of Education
- Years of Employment at EAA: Began teaching at EAA in the 1988-'89 school year. Taught elsewhere in the years prior to that (Long-term sub at Redlands SDA Academy, Kindergarten at El Cajon SDA, and multigrade at San Pasqual SDA Elementary).
- Teaching experience: I have experience teaching in all grades K - 8, multigrade, & combination classrooms, as well as single-grade classrooms.
Committees & Professional Activities:
- Endorsed in Elementary Education
- The William Glasser Institue Basic Intensive Training and Advanced Intensive Training - Choice Theory, Reality Therapy, and Lead-Management.
- Training in "Nonverbal Learning Disabilities & Disorders" from La Sierra University
Hobbies & Interests:
- Facilitator of the Student Study Team designed to meet the needs of both advanced and remedial students; eventually I became the chairperson of the committee under the leadership of Principal Jerry Gilkeson.
- Member of the Teacher's Advisory Committee of the Southeastern California Conference since 1990.
- Served on School Evaluation & Accreditation Committees for La Sierra SDA Elementary and San Antonio Jr. Academy.
"By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." John 13:35