Members of the National Honor Society will display high achievement in:
Benefits of membership:
- Teaches leadership
- Builds relationships with other dedicated students
- Boosts resume and college applications
- Gives multiple scholarship opportunities
- Allows students a pathway to effect change in their immediate community.
Criteria for Invitation to Apply
- Sophomore to Senior Level and a minimum 1 semester attendance at EAA
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstration of leadership at school and in the community
- Demonstration of a level of dedication to community service above and beyond the minimum requirements for the service program at EAA
- Good character demonstrated on the school behavior record, taken from faculty evaluations, and addressed in a personal essay.
Applications will be sent to those students who meet the criteria for invitation in November. Students will have two weeks to apply once applications are distributed. A faculty committee will be convened to review the applications and vote on whether or not to induct each applicant. An induction ceremony will be planned for January each year. NHS inductees will remain a part of NHS for the rest of their high school experience unless they fall below the criteria for invitation in any of the areas listed above. Should this happen, the faculty will meet to discuss disciplinary action and possible dismissal from the NHS.